These are our personal favorites in town:
When we're in the villa we eat out almost every day, there are so many nice places to go. Besides: home cooking cannot beat the price -or the taste- of a good Balinese/Indonesian meal in one of Candidasa's local warungs: usually between 30 - 60 k rupiah ( 2 - 4 Euro's).
Here's where we usually go:
- Friends - Our favorite: great food, great prices and the good feeling you get from supporting the nice staff working so hard in their own co-operated warung
- The New Queen - We go there especially for their 'Nasi Campur Queen Special' - one of the best Indonesian dishes in town
- Warung Bintang - After 20 years of experience in a top restaurant, the chef/owner started his own family warung. Great food/prices and a fantastic view over the rice fields and Mount Agung
- Crazy Kangaroo - where we gather on Sunday Nights with Dutch- and other expats. Say hello from us to Dutch owner Gerko
- Warung Tiny Bakery - Good priced decent food, great sateh
- Warung Boni - just 60 meters up the road from the villa, a nice and romantic place to dine in the garden.
- Warung Delima (Dé 5) - Small Chinese wok warung: place looks dreadful, staff are zombies, but wow, they have the best butter fried shrimps!
- Vincent's - If you're in for a more international, western style dinner with live jazz music and European cuisine (...and don't mind European prices...), there's only 1 place in town, look no further, they are simply the best.
- ...and then of course there's our own local warung, just 50 meters from the villa, right at the crossing.
This is where the Samuh locals go for take aways.
Very friendly owner Koman is a great chef. Tell her you're staying in Villa Rizki and she will cook you anything you want. She does delivery too. (Although it is much more adventurous to eat in her small shop with the locals)